David A. Robinson
Holland & Knight
David A. Robinson is a litigation attorney and the executive partner of Holland & Knight’s Orange County office. Mr. Robinson focuses his practice on complex business trials and arbitrations, as well as shareholder derivative actions.
Mr. Robinson is experienced as lead counsel in complex business trials and arbitrations and has appeared as counsel in more than 10 states. He has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous trade secrets, unfair competition, corporate governance, shareholder derivative, patent and trademark infringement, breach of contract, fraud, false arrest, defamation, product liability, wrongful death, real property, First Amendment, civil and voting rights, wrongful discharge, employment practices, Ponzi schemes, taxation and regulatory actions.
In addition, Mr. Robinson has extensive experience representing clients in shareholder derivative actions, particularly those involving shareholder voting rights, stock buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, corporate control issues and the appointment of provisional corporate directors.
Prior to joining Holland & Knight, Mr. Robinson founded and served as the president of a business law firm that focused in trial, appellate, transactional, labor and real estate matters. After completing law school, he interned with the Hon. Joseph R. Grodin of the California Supreme Court.
Reported decisions include: Barnes, Crosby, FitzGerald & Zeman LLP v. Jerome L. Ringler, 212 Cal. App. 4th 172 (2012); Choi v. Orange County Great Park Corp, 175 Cal. App. 4th 524 (2009); Ekstrom v. Marquesa at Monarch Beach Homeowners Association, 168 Cal. App. 4th 1111 (2008); Joseph P. Saline v. Superior Court (Commonwealth Energy Corporation), 100 Cal. App. 4th 909 (2002); Videotape Plus Inc. v. Lyons, 89 Cal. App. 4th 156 (2001) *Some matters handled prior to joining Holland & Knight.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution | Labor, Employment and Benefits |Healthcare Litigation | Intellectual Property | Product Liability | Consumer Protection Defense and Compliance | Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenants | Corporate Governance
• University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
• University of California, Riverside, B.A., Political Science and Law and Society, magna cum laude
• U.S. Supreme Court
• U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
• U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit