Deputy Superintendent, Governance, Leadership and Community Partnerships
Orange County Department of Education
Nina Boyd is currently the Associate Superintendent, Governance, Leadership and Community Partnerships and liaison to the Orange County Board of Education. The Orange County Department of Education provides fiscal support and oversight to the 27 Public School Districts in Orange County and the 13 Public Charter Schools authorized by the Orange County Board of Education. Additional services provided include Legislative Advocacy, Curriculum Development, Special Education, Technology, Human Resources, Legal Services and Business Services.
Nina has had a diverse career in her 39 years in education beginning on the business side of the house in accounting and purchasing at Santa Ana Unified School District. Then with the Orange County Department of Education as an Administrator, Purchasing Contracts & Operations, Executive Director Facilities and Operations, Assistant Superintendent Human Resources and Support Services, and Associate Superintendent Alternative Education, Governance, Leadership and Community Partnerships. Nina also leads certificated negotiations at Orange County Department of Education.
Nina has served on statewide education associations providing leadership, advocacy, governance and strategic planning. In 2017-18, Nina served as President for the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO). Since 2014, she has served on the CASBO Board. She also served an eight-year term on the Coalition Adequate School Housing (CASH) state board and held a variety of positions to support facility and maintenance issues primarily in the areas of regulatory, advocacy, and legislation. Nina has facilitated and provided trainings and workshops at both the local and state level. She is recognized by her peers for her strong leadership and expertise in the areas of school facilities, human resources, leadership development, governance and diversity and equity work. Nina has been a mentor and coach for young leaders and her peers and continues to support her organization partnering and collaborating with partners locally and statewide.
Recognition and Awards:
- California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO), President, 2017-2018
- California Association of School Business Officials Board of Directors (CASBO), 2014-2019
- James L. Murdoch Lifetime Achievement Award, 2017 Coalition for Adequate School Housing (C.A.S.H.)
- Woman of Distinction Honoree, 2017 Orange County Martin Luther King Day Celebration
- Orange County Delta Sigma Theta Impact Award: Community & Education 2013
- Coalition for Adequate School Housing (C.A.S.H.) Legislative Chair, 2002-2004
Community Activity and Memberships
- Christ Our Redeemer AME Church, Executive Committee Member and Steward Board
- United Way of Orange County Alternate Cabinet Member 1996-1997, and 1999-2000
- United Way, Women United
- Education Foundation, Chair, 2016-17, SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Association School Business Officials International (A.S.B.O.)
- Association California School Administrators (A.C.S.A.)
- Coalition Adequate School Housing (C.A.S.H.), Board Member, 1999-2006
- Regional Energy Management Coalition (R.E.M.A.C.) Alternate Board Member 1996-1999
She received her Bachelor’s degree from California State University Fullerton and M.B.A. in Human Resource Management from the University of Phoenix.
Nina resides in Aliso Viejo, California, with her husband, James, and they have three adult children and one grandson.